If you’re fed up with the hassle of shaving, waxing or epilating and tired of the time it takes and the cost. Laser hair removal is an excellent choice for you.
Hair removal consultation in Mayfair
It is essential to have a thorough consultation and patch test before beginning any laser hair removal treatments on your body.
During your consultation for laser hair removal in London, our laser specialists listen to what you want and need. Ask about your past, medical history, and current lifestyle.
If you feel you are a candidate for laser hair removal and have not been tanned already, your practitioner will perform a patch check. You must have your patch tested at least 24hrs before your first session. The laser is used to target a very small area. We monitor the progress.
How can you prepare for your Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Your therapist will advise you on achieving the most comfortable and effective treatment. This will allow you to be ready for your laser treatment.
You may be advised to:
- Avoid any tanning. You should not tan your skin before or after laser treatment as the laser can damage tanned skin.
- If your skin is tanned, you should wait at least four weeks before getting laser treatment.
- Don’t wax before laser hair elimination. Because these options affect the hair growth cycle, the laser will not be capable of catching the hair follicles at their correct stage. This will result in the laser not being able to reduce the hair.
- Do not bleach hair. The laser will see your hair better if it has darker follicles.
- Wash the treatment area thoroughly before you start your session. Use no cosmetic creams or lotions before the session. You may request sanitary towels to be used in the area.
- Shave 24 hours before your Laser appointment. Not on the day of your treatment.
- Select natural, non-perfumed shaving/cleansing products for the bikini region. It can cause irritations.
- Use a gentle exfoliator to clean your bikini line 3-4 days before your session. Don’t do this after shaving. It can cause skin irritation.
- Wear loose clothing for your treatment. You should make sure that your underwear doesn’t get too tight. Cotton underwear is best.
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine can raise your sensitivity.
- Some clients find gum helpful during treatment.
- It is best to schedule your treatment for the week preceding or the -after your period.
How does the laser feel?
The treatment area and individual’s experience with the laser will vary. Some people feel the laser’s slight sting. Others don’t feel the laser until they hear its beeping sound.
Different factors can influence how the laser will feel on sensitive skin. The hair colour, density, skin type, and pain threshold will all impact how the laser would feel on sensitive skin. The feeling of laser will decrease after each treatment because the hair follicles are getting finer.
Laser cooling technology
Our lasers come with an integrated cooling system to help reduce discomfort. This is done to lessen any pain that may result from the laser. Some clients may feel chilled during treatment. Your therapist will be happy to take short breaks to help you feel more comfortable.
Laser hair removal aftercare
The laser does not harm the surrounding skin. It only targets the hair follicle. You should follow these rules to ensure your skin is not damaged and your comfort levels are at their highest.
The first 24 hours
Redness can occur following a session. It should fade within 24 hours to a few weeks.
An icepack, covered with a damp cloth, can be placed on your skin to provide comfort.
- Avoid direct sunlight even if it’s not likely.
- Avoid hot showers and saunas.
The hair follicles usually take 4-6 weeks to reach the correct stage for your next treatment. Please inform your therapist about holidays, sun exposure and periods. Canova London only uses the most modern medical-degree lasers to achieve the best results.